Monday, November 12, 2012

OHmm-G! It's like rest time for adults!

WOW! I cannot believe how many page views we had yesterday- 200 page views yesterday alone! I'd LOVE it if you could like our Facebook page or find me on Twitter if you're following FGIP! ;)

"OHmm-G! It's like rest time for adults!" <---That was my response when Kristina asked me how I liked my first Candlelight Restorative Yoga class tonight at Fit Girl Studio. I LOVED it!

I had a really productive day off today. I started the morning with 6:15 spin with Miss Sarah. Who, by the way, gave me a sneak peek at her boy-band spin mix. I suggested a sing-a-long spin class. Sounds like fun, right? I'm always finding myself singing in class anyway. I've thought of Boy Band Brawl, Winter Wonderland Hits and Angry Girl Breakup songs. Anything else you can think of that would make a good spin mix?

After I dropped husband off at work, I decided that instead of going back to bed and taking barre tonight, I'd head back and so barre at 9:15 with Amy. LOVE it. I worked my little butt off and felt great after. You know the saying, "Time flies when you're having fun!" ?? Well...classes are really starting to just fly by. I guess I'm getting a bit addicted to my favorite new spot.

---accomplishments in today's barre class----
-I did a pretty darn good left full split
-I could touch my head to my knees in stretches
-I held a straight arm plank for 45 seconds

After a nap, I treated myself to a pedicure for all of my dedication lately! Then, headed back over to FGS for my very first  yoga class! I used to practice Bikram, but this was completely different---it was ....like rest time for adults! OMG LOVED IT!

Class review- Candlelight Restorative Yoga:
The class was light by candles. Kristina walked around and did adjustments (not just correcting posture but...massage/adjustments- can you say bliss?) and we held postures for 3-5 minutes. All of the work was done on the mat using just a strap and blocks. Words cannot describe. If you get a chance. CHECK IT OUT! It was the perfect end to my day and I cannot wait to crawl into bed. Oh, and try it again on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m.- you should too!

ZzZzZZ.... thanks Kristina. I'm so relax that I'm going to head off to sleep. Have a peaceful night, Fit Girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment