Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Balanced workouts- 3 today and feeling great!

 3 classes in one day and feeling AMAZING!


So often times I blog about having balanced meals. I make sure that my meals have 1/2 green veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/8 healthy fats and 1/8 carbs. Well today, my day was balanced in my workouts!!

I took:
Sculpt Fusion Yoga (yoga flow with weights- meets cardio bursts)-so got my strength in
Spinning - cardio!
Candlelight Restorative Yoga - yoga, stretching, meditation and relaxation!
It was a perfect balance!

Class Review:
Sculpt Fusion Yoga
Sculpt Fusion Yoga was new to me. I was told that it was a lot like Ballet Body Bootcamp. I had to remind myself that it was more like yoga and I haven't ever really practiced yoga. I always had this idea in my head that I "hate" yoga. I have a hard time concentrating and I was kind of always intimidated by it. Yogis are intimidating, what can I say? I grabbed my mat and weights and headed to a spot on the floor (in front of a pillar because it was one of those days that I just didn't want to stare at myself in the mirror for 45 minutes). I was actually pretty good at things and I got the flow portions down. I would've used the heaviest weights if I had known what to expect but instead got 2 and 3 lb weights just incase. I didn't particularly like the endless lunges at one point, but that's because I  have never been great at them (and it hurts my knees) so maybe it's a love-hate thing that's growing. Anyway, Lindsay was very energetic and enthusiastic. The class is most certainly one to try and I will take it again!

Thanks Liz for kicking my butt in Spin. I LOVE your music.

I was just about to thank Kristina and I remembered something....
Tonight, I was going to leave the studio after Yoga and Spin. When I was walking out I realized that there weren't that many people signed up for C.R.Y. with Kristina. I felt bad and also really wanted to go. Problem: I had told my husband that I would be home early since I feel like I go to bed so early and we never see each other! Well, I text him and asked if he would mind. He said of course not! When I told him that I felt bad, he wrote back, "I'm SO proud of you! Stay! Keep it up!" Ahhh! Yeah, I got a keeper.

Kristina, thanks for helping me focus and stay relaxed tonight.

I'll be taking tomorrow off from the studio (maybe a run in the evening).

Off to Lala-land to take advantage of getting to sleep in a little bit more tomorrow! Night fit girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment