Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gobble Gobble


Happy Thanksgiving, ALL!

Two years ago today, I ran my first 5k with my sister. I barely jogged, walked, had cramps and cried half of the time. BUT, I finished that race with the support of my sister. Since then, I've ran countless 5k, 10k, a half marathon, a full  marathon and am now taking a new hat on as a fitness blogger. As I crossed the finish line of The Turkey Trot today (and noticed that I cut off over 14 minutes from my time two years ago and made a PR for a 5k) I couldn't help but smile ear-to-ear as I thought about how lucky I am to be on this new journey to health, happiness, nutrition and fitness. Thanks Fit Girl Studio for your help along the way! We ALL can make the change to live a happier, healthier life- it just takes one step!


After my run, I finished up with a banana, almonds and a vanilla/berry shake! I had a great morning!
almonds and vanilla/berry shake after the race!
This afternoon, we headed over my sister and brother-in-law's house for dinner and to hang out. She had a great tray of veggies with dips put out. I did indluge in whitefish dip and spinach dip with my peppers. But, I didn't eat crackers. Give and take. I tried.  
photo 1.JPG
The great spread- after we ate all of the delicious peppers and celery!


For dinner, I had a nibble of most things (green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, turkey-white meat, cranberries and aspargus. I didn't over-eat and it was perfect fine.
 photo 2.JPG

For desert, we had the cakes that I made for my sister-in-law's birthday and then also three pies that my aunt picked up! They were HEAVENLY looking. I asked for a SLIVER of pumpkin and the wheatfree chocolate cake. She gave me pretty big pieces so I just took off a small bite.
photo 3.JPG
Apple, pumpkin and chocolate cake!
photo 4.JPG
The small bites below are what I indulged in for dessert!
photo 2.JPG
The cakes that I made for my sister-in-law's birthday! I did NOT have one.


I felt a little bit bad afterwards, but I didn't go all-out. I have been so great. Molly said I could make it a "day off" or "cheat day" if I wanted. But, I didn't want to. She said I'd notice it and I'd set myself back. I didn't want that. So, I met somewhere in the middle. I treated it like any other day, just with a few nibbles or some very rich foods! I had little to no gluten (btw: I'm allergic to wheat and gluten) so my stomach shouldn't hate me and I limited the dairy/sugar to the dips.  Not too shabby.

I LOVED my Thanksgiving.  was really sad that I didn't get to spend it with ALL of my family. However, we had a beautiful night with my husband, sister and brother-in-law, niece and aunt. 

When we went around the table I said that I was thankful for my family, my health and the opportunities that I've been given to re-start my life even healthier. Thank Fit Girls for joining me on my journey. I'm thankful for ALL of you!

PS:
 For my Arbonne Challenge....
Day 13
17 days to go
8.5 lbs down

No comments:

Post a Comment