Sunday, December 30, 2012

Health Living Jumpstart tips (From Arbonne)

Tonight, I sat on a conference call with some other Arbonne members. I have taken on The Arbonne Healthy Lifestyle over the past two months. In the upcoming month, I am going even deeper and working in conjunction with The Paleo Pledge and seeing where my journey takes me. With that said, the call gave me some fabulous tips and reminders.

Before going forward...
PLEASE REMEMBER:

You don't have to know EVERYTHING about nutrition, health & fitness to start a healthy journey... START &learn as you go. We are ALL a work in progress!

Water, water, water!
-Our bodies are 90% water!
-We can go up to 100 days without food but only 4-6 days without water!
-By being 5% dehydrated, we can reduce our physical and mental functions by 30%!! Can you say, brain fog?!
GET THAT WATER IN!
There are many guidelines for this, drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. I, personally, drink my body weight in water each day.

Top 3 nutrient dense foods that score a perfect 1,000 on the ANDI scale:
Kale
Collard Greens

Watercress



*ANDI stands for "Aggregate Nutrient Density Index." An ANDI score shows the nutrient density of a food on a scale from 1 to 1000 based on nutrient content. ANDI scores are calculated by evaluating an extensive range of micronutrients, including vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidant capacities.

Cutting out Inflammatory foods:
dairy, gluten, soy, wheat, caffeine, alcohol and sugar
-Dairy, Wheat and Gluten are extremely inflammatory within your body
- 100% of us have sensitivities to some foods but the vast majority of us do not know what foods are inflammatory for us.

*Awareness is the first step to change*
Keep open minded. You'll learn new foods and new ways of looking at things and stay open to those changes.
-WRITE IT DOWN! Keep yourself accountable. It's best to write down what and when you eat so that you can keep yourself accountable and allow others to help see what you've been up to during the process.


Clean out your cabinets:
-The holidays just ended. WHY would you keep around foods to tempt you and hinder your success on the program?
-When you do go shopping again, stay focused on CLEAN, WHOLE, foods! Fresh produce is best!

10% is genetics, 10% is exercise and 80% is the food that you eat.
-Although, for me, I know that fitness is a much larger percentage than 10%. I MUST remain active and consistent with my workouts in order to see results.

Do it with LOVE:
If you don't stay open minded and find foods and workouts that you LOVE, then you aren't going to stick with it! I've been blessed to find Fit Girl Studio and Arbonne. I have foods that I love and taste great. I also have a fitness studio that gives me workouts that I truly LOVE. It doesn't seem like deprivation and it doesn't seem like work to workout either.

Workout recovery shakes:
-Recovery shakes are in ADDITION to your meals and help aide in recovery.
-Recovery shakes are typically- protein, water, ice, high glycemic fruit (you can also add cinnamon or coconut/almond milk)
-You must drink within 30 minutes of your workout
-Make sure that you've "earned" your shake but doing a sweat-breaking workout!
-The shakes are recommended rather than "whole food" because it gets into your body and balances out your blood sugar as quickly as possible.
*High Glycemic fruits: bananas, mango and pineapple.

Benefits of eating (clean) whole foods:
-Heal ongoing sinus infections
-Help eliminate brain-fog
-Boost energy
-Regulate digestion and bowels
Oh, and weight loss!

Keep track of your wins and share them with others. Grab someone else's arm and bring them along on the journey. Health and fitness is best achieved when you start with yourself and then inspire&help others.

Good luck in 2013 and let me know how *I* can help you achieve your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment