Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tomato-Basil Crockpot chicken

Hey Fit Girls!
I am not really one to follow recipes. I often just thrown together what I have. I am also not one to measure out ingreidents (oops) so my recipes re-written as an approximate.

I whipped this up today and it smells delciious. I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait to eat it for lunch tomorrow! I'll update this post tomorrow with a picture and review :)

Here it is...a healthy, all natural, chicken- gluten, dairy, soy and sugar free! Let me know if you try it!

Tomato-Basil Crockpot Chicken
Ingredients:

-1/2 cup of fresh basil
-1/4 cup of pine nuts
1 cup of organic diced tomatoes (I used canned)
- 5 large chicken breasts (I use Empire Kosher chicken-frozen)
-Organic/plain sundired tomatoes
-1/2-1 cup of mushrooms (I LOVE mushrooms but only put on half because my husband does not)
-1 tbsp of garlic (fresh is better. I had a jar)
-Pepper
- Oregano (fresh or dried)
-White truffle oil or regular olive oil 2-3 tablespoons

Directions:

-Layer all in the crockpot
-Cook on high for 4 hours (if chicken was frozen) or low on 8 hrs (if chicken was thawed)
-Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment