Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Italian Omelette

I am off work (school) for break and decided to make myself a homecooked breakfast instead of a protein shake this morning!

I studied in Italy and Italian spices (basil in particular) are some of my favorite tastes and smells ever! So, this Italian omelette was perfect for my morning and helping my reminise about my time spend studying in Italia.

Italian Omelette


Ingredients:


  • Egg whites
  • Olive oil (for sauteing veggies and also for the eggs)
  • Spinach
  • All natural sun dried tomatoes (trader joes is great)
  • Pine Nuts
  • Basil (Fresh is best)
  • Mushrooms
  • Garlic
  • Avocado
Directions:


  • Heat up olive oil
  • Saute garlic, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and basil together in a pan
  • Set the veggies aside
  • Heat up oil in a pan and add egg whites
  • Once cooked 3/4 of the way, add veggie mixture and some fresh spinach
  • Fold omelette over
  • Put atop a bed of spinach lettuce
  • Top with avocado, pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment