I stopped by Trader Joes today) to pick up some kale so that I could finally make more Kale Chips.
This is the best recipe that I've found for one of my favorite snacks:
Crispy Kale Chips:
- 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flavored oil (if you desire)
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Pre-heat oven to 275
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil
- lay out kale on baking sheet (make sure that most ribs are gone and kale is dry)
- Drizzle your favorite olive oil on the kale (I used chili oil)
- Sprinkle salt and/or pepper. If you're going to use salt, make sure it's high quality salt.
- Toss the kale (I used my hands) in the spices/oil
- Place kale in the oven and let bake for 20 minutes
- Let kale cool off on the counter before putting in a bag or container (if you can make it last that long!) I've noticed that if you put it directly in a container, the heat causes condensation which makes the kale soggy---meaning that they're not longer chips and yet again just regular kale.