Saturday, December 15, 2012

Crispy Kale Chips - recipe

I stopped by Trader Joes today) to pick up some kale so that I could finally make more Kale Chips.

This is the best recipe that I've found for one of my favorite snacks:

Crispy Kale Chips:

Ingredients:


  • 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Flavored oil (if you desire)
  • Salt
  • Sea salt, for sprinkling

Directions

  • Pre-heat oven to 275
  • Spray a baking sheet with olive oil
  • lay out kale on baking sheet (make sure that most ribs are gone and kale is dry)
  • Drizzle your favorite olive oil on the kale (I used chili oil)
  • Sprinkle salt and/or pepper. If you're going to use salt, make sure it's high quality salt.
  • Toss the kale (I used my hands) in the spices/oil
  • Place kale in the oven and let bake for 20 minutes
  • Let kale cool off on the counter before putting in a bag or container (if you can make it last that long!) I've noticed that if you put it directly in a container, the heat causes condensation which makes the kale soggy---meaning that they're not longer chips and yet again just regular kale.

No comments:

Post a Comment