Thursday, December 20, 2012

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!



This morning I had a 7am flight to catch down to Florida. This meant waking up at 4:30. I contemplated making my shake before I went to bed -- that didn't happen. Instead, I threw a bag of almonds in my purse and figured I'd make a shake in the morning. That didn't happen either lol.

By the time I got to the airport, I was starving!! I had accidentally (what was I think?! Oh wait, I wasn't!) packed ALL of my health essentials (chews, sticks, protein, nuts) in my suitcase and not my carry-on.

I walked around the food court to see if anywhere had egg whites. I found a place and asked them to make me an egg white omelette with mushrooms, onions and peppers. She was puzzled and kept confirming, "No cheese? No meat? No potatoes or bread either?"

When the omelette finally came out it was super heavy. I walked over to a table and sat down to eat it. When I opened it up it was completely covered with cheese. It looked almost like cheese sauce. There was no way I could eat it! I took it back and she re-made it because she knew I had asked for no cheese. The problem? When it came back the second time it had regular eggs and tasted terrible! I took two bites and threw it away.
gag! Airport omelette the size of a takeout box!


I was still SO hungry though. I settled for a huge water and a "Kind" bar. It's clean and relatively no added ingredients other than fruit and nuts. Needless to say, my stomach was killing me for the rest of the day. You live and learn but I also realize...
"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!"
I certainly felt this way today!

Thankful that my mom had an apple and water waiting for my in the car and also made a healthy/balanced dinner tonight.
Chicken &veggie stir fry (don't usually eat corn but that's okay) with spinach and pine nut salad!

Oh and the best thing: I had a shipment of Arbonne products sent to my parents house: protein, fizzy sticks, chews, tea and a 7 day cleanse!
All of my goodies are out of boxes and ready for the cruise!

What's your experience with traveling and staying clean and fit? Any tips or suggestions to help a Fit Girl out?

Tomorrow, I will post about my at-home workout routine while I'm on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment