|Sweet (on the left) and Savory (on the right)|
Sweet Roasted Butternut SquashIngredients:
Honey (raw preferred)
1 large butternut squash (I used 1/2 for the sweet and 1/2 for my savory butternut squash)
1. Peel, cut and cube your squash (it can also be purchased pre-cut at Trader Joe's. I will most certainly be doing this next time.)
2. Melt 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil on the stove (the more you use, the more "mushy" -like sweet potatoes- it becomes. The less, the more likely they will burn or be darker) .
3.Drizzle honey over the squash
4. Sprinkle Cinnamon over the squash.
5. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
Savory Roasted Butternut Squash
Italian Herbs (I had a seasoning from Penzeys Spices called Pizza Dash.)
1. Peel, cut and cube your squash (it can also be purchased pre-cut. I will most certainly be doing this next time.)
2. Drizzle truffle oil on your squash
3.Sprinkle the seasonings and pepper on the squash
4. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
|The savory roasted squash tastes great by itself but also added wonderful flavor to a salad with chicken and other vegetables! Nom!|
Do you have another butternut squash recipe that you LOVE? Let us know and we'll feature it on Fit Girl in Progress!
Update: I had a few readers contact me in regards to buying the pre-cut butternut squash. The last two times that I bought them, they went bad (gooey and mushy) about 3 days before the "best by" date. I went to Trader tonight and they gave me a full refund for the squash. They also let me know that they're putting in a notice to qquality coordinators at corporate.