Monday, January 14, 2013

Prosciutto and egg cups


 Prosciutto and Egg cups

I met with my dietician, Kelly from Infused Paleo, and discusses breakfast ideas. I tried one of this cute cups at our session and immediately headed to Trader Joes to make my muffins for the week! This was my first time so I might experiment a bit more next time.

Ingredients:
Muffin tin
Prosciutto
10-12 eggs
Any vegetables you'd like to add : mushrooms, spinach, shallots, etc
Pepper
And herbs that you'd like to add on top


Directions:




1. Line the cups with prosciutto (I used a strip and a quarter to make sure the whole cup was filled with no gaps otherwise the eggs seep through).
2. I added my "toppings" in the bottom, however- you could add on the top. I added spinach, mushrooms (minced), shallots and pepper.
3. Crack an egg right onto the top of each cup.
4. Top with fresh herbs and any seasonings.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 375
6. Let cool & then store in an airtight container for an easy breakfast!

Nutrition tips from your Fit Girl in Progress:
Two muffins provide 25 grams of protein are very low carb. If you're concerned with fat (by eating Paleo we are less concerned with fat and calories abs more with whole nutrient rich foods) then you can use egg whites and or turkey bacon. However, when you use these as substitutes you're also taking away a lot of healthy fats and nutrients.

One more tip from Kelly:
"One thing to suggest - you don't need to coat the tin with olive oil. The prosciutto covering/lining already makes it non-stick and when olive oil is heated at high heat, it can create free radicals" 




No comments:

Post a Comment