Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Meal preppin' for the week!








I LOVE this quote! It's SO true! I notice that on the days or weeks that I do not prepare my foods ahead of time and plan things out...I "fail" big time! Now, I still struggle with going through phases of giving into other treats (grabbing an extra apple or banana, a handful of almonds, a scoops of almond butter or picking up dark chocolate). However, it's a lot easier to stick to your plan if you prepare.

On Sunday, I did a huge meal prep for my week. I made a few main dishes, lunch items and most importantly for me:snacks! Next week, I'll be sure to make some breakfasts on Sunday.


Meatballs
Spices for Paleo meatballs- shallots, Italian blend, paprika, garlic, basil and pepper.


mix all ingredients together with 1 egg then combine 1 lb of grass-fed organic beef.


Bake meatballs in the oven at 375 for 10 minutes on each side. Store in an air-tight container and use during the week!
Detox Salad (similar to Whole Foods)

juice from one lemon, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup of raisins, 1/4 cup of carrots, sunflower seeds to your liking, half a bag of cauliflower, half a bag of raw broccoli, power greens (spinach and kale) and olive oil.


Chop all dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients! Use for a base for a quick lunch! Add shrimp or chicken to get protein in and your power greens!

Snack Prep:





Side dishes:
Mashed cauliflower: 1 bag of cauliflower, 1 tbsp of Kerrygold grass-fed butter, salt and pepper. Steam cauliflower, mash together with butter, salt and pepper.
Black rice: Black rice has more antioxidants per tablespoon than blueberries! It's the un-spoken super-food! Get on it! Make a batch for the week and enjoy.  




Take some of these ideas with you into your next week and set yourself up for success! 

Do you have any tips on meal-preps? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment