Tuesday, February 12, 2013

meatloaf cupcakes


I bought some grass-fed organic beef on Sunday and I had it sitting in the fridge. I needed to find motivation to make dinner with it. I made meatballs last week and didn't feel like having them again. I remembered that I had seen these "meatloaf muffins" before and tried to find a recipe. I couldn't find anything that seemed like it would really work. So, I did what I do naturally...threw something together! And...I created... MEATLOAF CUPCAKES (meatloaf topped with mashed cauliflower).

Meatloaf Cupcakes:
(Recipe for Mashed Cauliflower can be found here)
Meatloaf muffins:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of grass-fed organic beef
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons of coconut flour (I'm sure you could use another kind)
  • 1/4 cup of diced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup of dished tri-colored peppers
  • 1/4 cup of carrots
  • 2 tablespoons of diced onions or shallots
  • Italian seasoning (I use Penzey's Spices)
  • Himalayan Salt (pink salt)
  • Pepper


Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl
  3. Grease muffin tins
  4. fill each tin with mixture (yields about 12 "cupcakes")
  5.  Bake for 30-35 minutes
  6. Remove and top with Mashed Cauliflower
  7. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment