Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chocolate and Coconut "Candies"

My dietician, Kelly (and Cassie from Fit Girl Studio), introduced me to Artisan's Cacao Bliss. I didn't want to shell out the $20 for a 10 pack but I did try one at our last session. OMG! Heavenly! So, when Kelly posted her version of the recipe, I had to try it!! I altered it just a bit by adding coconut to it and making them in candy molds. They came out beautifully and were so easy to make. They're certainly dangerous, for me, to have in the house. I might not be making them too often!
 Chocolate and Coconut "Candies"
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • Salt
  • Splash of vanilla
  • Crumbles coconut chips or shreds 
--Yields 24 "candies"

Directions:
  •  Melt the coconut oil and honey together in a saucepan
  • Add cacao powder, salt and honey.
  • Add coconut shred in at the last minute (they can burn if they're in too long)
  • Pour mixture in trays and let cool.
--For me, 3 candies was equal (nutritionally) to about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment