I worked with the original recipe from Civilized Caveman but added a few of my own things.
Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 Large bananas or 4 regular sized bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter, i.e. macadamia, pecan, etc) note: I used homemade cocoa almond butter (I heated mine up to melt it just a bit)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter or coconut oil, melted (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I'm always a bit leery on using coconut oil due to past experience. I used just under a 1/2 a cup)
- 1/4 cup of walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa nibs (optional. I cut up 4 squares of a Lindt 80% dark cocoa bar)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I eyeballed it)
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree
- Combine ALL ingredients and mix well with a handheld mixer.
- Grease a metal loaf pan with grass fed butter or coconut oil.
- Pour in your batter and spread it evenly throughout
- Place in your preheated oven and bake for 50 minutes. Check with a knife or toothpick to make sure that the center is still moist.
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack
Notes: I have a BRAND new oven. With that said, you may want to alter your timing accordingly (older ovens you might want to bake a bit longer).
Muffin timing: I made a few muffins (regular sized) and they were ready in about 25 minutes.
Bread timing in a metal loaf pan: Check on it at 35 minutes as the original posting suggested- it was certainly not ready. It was ready in about 50-55 minutes.