Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bad habits...

Over the past few weeks-almost two months (if I'm being honest)- I've taken back on two terrible habits that I REALLY need to break:

1. Eating SUGAR!!
2. Skipping morning workouts.

For me, number one is harder to break than number two. It is the second day of the week and I've found myself indulging (almost gorging) on sugary things. I've said it before...Yes, I eat CLEAN. BUT, just because it's a CLEAN candybar or cookies- it's still JUNK for you! 

Morning workouts are a whole other story! From October-January, I went to the studio nearly EVERY morning without batting an eye. I started my fitness journey by going to morning classes and it was just the norm to go. Now, however, it's BEYOND PAINFUL to get up and go. I don't know why. I can't put my finger on it. I LOVE working out. I LOVE Fit Girl Studio. I LOVE my classes and fellow FGS members. But, I haven't been able to get myself to the studio. 
...This week... this week is different. It might only be Tuesday but I've gotten my butt up and worked out at 6 a.m. EVERY day this week (errr...I mean, two days this week). I'm making a change. Even if my body is totally fighting it. I am building a healthy habit again.

As far as the sugar- my mom put it quite accurately when she texted me (in response to my venting about being disappointed in myself) these words, "You have to get your head together!"

It's MIND over MATTER. I KNOW I can do it. I don't have to eat that sugar or go on a hunt to find a gluten-free sweet treat... I need to break the habit. Personally, I can't just indulge every once in a while. It throws me off completely. 

Sighhh...

I'm a work in progress; that's for sure!

What are your bad habits that you just can't seem to break?! Or, what healthy habits are you trying so deperately to make stick? 

No comments:

Post a Comment