Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Avocado, mushroom & onion burgers

I don't have the best pictures of these but I had some grassfed beef and I realized that I've never really made burgers before. I either get them pre-formed and my husband grills them (only in the summer in Chicago) or I make frozen turkey burgers. So, I decided to give it a whirl-making burgers on the stove, that is. I made 4 mini-burgers (1 lb would've made 6 but I made a bigger burger with the remaining for my husband) and they were delish! If I could've, I most certainly would've grilled them.

One more note: I "stuffed" my burgers but could you easily use the add-ons for topping your burger instead.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb of grassfed organic ground beef
  • hamburger seasoning
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 1/2 cup of onions


Directions
I mixed all of the ingredients into my ground beef and then cooked them over medium/high heat for about 5 minutes on each side (they were thick so they took longer). I'm the amateur at burgers, so cook 'em up the way you like the best! haha
I served my burgers over a bed of lettuce, added more mushrooms, onions and even topped with a fried egg (the former-vegetarian in me is dyingggggg).

No comments:

Post a Comment