Saturday, April 27, 2013

I love running and FGS! Finding Balance

...and FGS

THE weekend of the the year has finally arrive-Beautiful weather is upon us!

It's the first weekend of the year that we can finally sigh, "YES! Warmer weather is finally here!"

I was SO excited to run outside this weekend and then I had to sit down and remind myself of something. While I will always be a runner. I love running and it is part of who I am. I do NOT want to fall back into the runner's-rut that I was in prior to starting at Fit Girl Studio.

Before starting at FG, I had just finished my first marathon. I was able to run for hours and feel pretty good. I had endurance and my cardio health was obviously great. However, I was still really overweight and had zero upper body strength. I wasn't toned and needed to find my way. I realized how much barre could transform my body and I was BEYOND thankful to FG for helping me learn what I could do WITH running AND total body toning. I realized that just like exercise and eating right have to go together...so do cardio and strength training/toning.

So, as I remember back to this...and warm weather finds us... I need to have a game plan. I LOVE spin, but I know that I am going to be running at least 3-5 times a week. I should probably scale back on my  spin classes and really focus on a huge part of what Fit Girl offers- barre and sculpt fusion yoga. I am excited to see how far I can go once I put these two together -my passion for running and my love for barre. I'll keep you posted on how I am at balancing my workouts!

Have a WONDERFUL weekend Fit Girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment