Monday, October 29, 2012

I like to do it in the morning, apparently...

Oh, stop being dirty! I, apparently, like to take morning classes! I had a blast at my 6:15 a.m. morning spin class with Miss Sarah today.

When my alarm went off at 5:40 a.m, I popped right out of bed. I have the be honest, I didn't sleep that well. I had butterflies in my stomach! I know it sounds crazy, but I'm more than committed to making this a total lifestyle change once-and-for-all. I know that getting up before the sun each morning and walking to the studio isn't always going to be easy. BUT-- the fact that it's just across the street (I timed it; it takes 4 minutes to get from my condo, downstairs and over to Fit Girl Studio) certainly helps.

In addition, everyone that I've met so far at Fit Girl Studio is so enthusiastic and pumped to be there; it just makes me want to give it my all each time I'm there!

Sarah had a great Spin class this morning. It was "regular" spin class and lasted 45 minutes. Sarah did a great set of sprints, jumps, climbs and isolation exercises. The class was pretty full and she kept reminding us that, "The Monday Morning Crew doesn't mess around!"

I spun my booty off and then hopped in the shower to get ready for work. I got to work with plenty of time to spare. I should mention that there's plenty of parking on Clark St. in the mornings (and it's free until 8 a.m.) for anyone wanting to take early morning classes. My super-sweet husband even thought to park my car infront of the studio last night so that it would be a breeze to jump in my car and get to work!

I had a great morning and have felt energized all day. I cannot wait to try my first barre class tonight!

2 comments:

  1. You were SUCH a great addition to the Monday Crew! As your Cruise Director, I can't wait to have your fantastic energy and commitment to perfect form in class each week! Best of luck with your new mission--we know you can do it! See you in the studio & let me know how I can help:)
    -Sarah Akers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! I'll see you in the studio, soon!

    ReplyDelete