Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Carrot,Apple & Sweet Potato Mash

I had  TON of carrots that I needed to use up and wasn't sure what to make with them. I finally decided to just go steam them but as I looked in the fridge I remembered that I had a few sweet potatoes also. I have a terribly habit of letting produce spoil (although, I've gotten much better about this).

I LOVE making sweet potato mash all sweetened up for Thanksgiving and that's where I got this idea from. It's uber sweet, all natural and hit the spot! You can alter this to fit your needs. My measurements are estimates, because I didn't intend on writing the recipe to share :) BUT, once I tried it I knew I had to share with my fellow Fit Girls.

If you try it, let me know! ENJOY!


Ingredients:
2 cups of diced carrots
2 apples, diced (skin off)
2 sweet potatoes, cubed (skin off)
1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
2 tablespoons of raisins (optional)
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of grassfed butter (optional)

Directions:
Bring a large pot of water to boil
Add carrots, potatoes and apples and let boil for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are tender
Drain and place in a large bowl
Use a potato masher to mash all together
Add 1 tbsp of butter
Add pineapple and raisins
Blend in 1 tbsp of cinnamon
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment